Joshua Keroes joshua_keroes at
Wed Jul 10 12:16:21 CDT 2002

Look in your web server's error log. Lots of well, errors and stuff
end up there. :-)

Are you sure that the webserver has enough access (read: permissions)
to change news.xml? Chances are: the webserver is run as "nobody"
and you last touched the file as "akilbey" or something.

Do you realize that your script won't display a success or failure
webpage? You'll need to dynamically write a webpage in this program
for that sort of behaviour. See these CGI tutorials for info. Ooh,
and lookee! Ovid has a tutorial of his own up there in neon lights
and all!