sub call not getting params??

Russ Johnson russj at
Wed Jul 3 19:06:03 CDT 2002

I have this in a script I'm writing:

		foreach $tag ( @tags ) {
			if ( "$$tag" ) {

Which works fine. However, the part inside the if statement is repeated elsewhere, so I tried this:

		foreach $tag ( @tags ) {
			if ( "$$tag" ) {
			&writer( "$tag", "$$tag" );

sub writer {

When I run this, I get value undefined in line ### where line ### is the line with $_[0] in it. So why are my parameters not making it to writer?

Thanks in advance!

"The power to untie is stronger than the power to tie."
Well, yeah, otherwise my shoes would tie themselves.
Russ Johnson
Stargate Online
ICQ: 3739685:Airneil