[Pdx-pm] regex & phone numbers...

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Thu Jul 25 18:09:55 CDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Curtis Poe wrote:

> Of course, another trick is to provide separate input boxes

Is this happening on the web?

As a user, having separate boxes is something I dislike. Just last week, I
had to enter a phone number into separate input boxes. I could copy the
number from a web page (it's not _my_ number!), but I couldn't paste it
into the three boxes. I had to switch from window to window to copy the
phone number.

As a general principle, make things easier for the user, even if that's
harder for the programmer. After all, there are a lot more users than
programmers.

Cheers!

--Tom Phoenix