[Pdx-pm] New header

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Wed Jul 24 18:54:28 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <mikeraz at patch.com>
To: "Jason White" <jasona at inetarena.com>
Cc: <pdx-pm-list at pm.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Pdx-pm-list] <- This new header sucks.

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 02:25:20PM -0700, Jason White typed:
> > I find the subject header useful.  I generally filter this list by TO ||
CC
> > [Pdx-pm] is sufficient.  I cast my unsolicited vote for $subject .="
> > [Pdx-pm]";
>
> The mailing list is now on Mailman, which is written in the other P
language,
> Python.  The subject [Pdx-pm-list] prefix is a default based on the list
name.
> While the list manager can change this to an arbitrary string
([PDX-Perl-rants]
> anyone?) there is not a choice between prefix and postfix for the string.
>
> Unless someone with Python skills wants to path Mailman. ??

I went ahead and changed the subject line prefix to [Pdx-pm], so I was
surprised that the last email that I received did not have the correct
prefix.  Of course, since it was a Re: line, perhaps mailman is smart enough
to not munge the subject line.  I'm sending this with a new subject to see
if, in fact, my change to the subject line prefix has worked.

--
Cheers,
Curtis Poe

Taking e-Business and Internet Technology To The Extreme!