[Pdx-pm-list] <- This new header sucks.

mikeraz at PATCH.COM mikeraz at PATCH.COM
Wed Jul 24 17:52:18 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 02:25:20PM -0700, Jason White typed:
> I find the subject header useful.  I generally filter this list by TO || CC
> [Pdx-pm] is sufficient.  I cast my unsolicited vote for $subject .="
> [Pdx-pm]";

The mailing list is now on Mailman, which is written in the other P language,
Python.  The subject [Pdx-pm-list] prefix is a default based on the list name.
While the list manager can change this to an arbitrary string ([PDX-Perl-rants]
anyone?) there is not a choice between prefix and postfix for the string.

Unless someone with Python skills wants to path Mailman. ??

--
      Michael Rasmussen  aka  mikeraz
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity

 "They that give up essential liberty to obtain
		-- Benjamin Franklin

   and the fortune cookie says:
Always try to do things in chronological order; it's less confusing that way.