Module Installation Question

Todd Caine todd_caine at eli.net
Thu Feb 14 14:33:27 CST 2002

Hello,

The error message you are getting is telling you that the Microsoft C
Compiler (cl) is either not installed or the path to it isn't set  in your
PATH environment variable.  You can check the environment by typing 'set'
at the DOS prompt.  Do you have a C compiler on your computer for windows?

The module you are trying to install is basically a Perl wrapper for a C
library.  So in order to get it to work you must be able to compile the C
code that xsubpp is going to create from the .xs file.

I hope that helps a little.

Cheers,
Todd

mharris at lclark.edu wrote:

> I execute 'nmake'
> from the command prompt from the same directory and get the following
> error message:
>
> 'NMAKE : fatal eror U1081: 'cl' : program not found'

<snip>

>  I've also tried copying the *.pm files that came with the module
> directly into my c:\perl\lib
> directory, but that didn't help.

TIMTOWTDI