Next meeting

Curtis Poe cp at
Fri Feb 8 12:42:10 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Zucker" <jeff at>
To: <pdx-pm-list at>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: Next meeting

> mikeraz at wrote:
> >
> > Hey you all missed someone on another list telling Randal that
> > he was wrong - no need for Postgres over MySQL because you
> > can script the functionality missing from MySQL in Perl.
> >
> > Randal's response showed why Perl is not the tool for EveryJob.
> I missed that discussion, what list was it on, are archives available?
> --
> Jeff

It was on the PLUG list.  Here's a link:

The thread actually goes on quite a bit.  Enjoy!

Curtis "Ovid" Poe, Senior Programmer, ONSITE! Technology
Someone asked me how to count to 10 in Perl:
push @A, $_ for reverse q.e...q.n.;for(@A){$_=unpack(q|c|,$_);@a=split//;
shift @a;shift @a if $a[$[]eq$[;$_=join q||, at a};print $_,$/for reverse @A