Input TYPE=FILE Error Checking

Aaron Kilbey kilbey at lclark.edu
Tue Nov 20 17:12:24 CST 2001

I am scripting a cgi to handle an employment application which includes a
resume submit in an <INPUT TYPE=FILE NAME=bla> tag. I also have extensive
error checking where, when there's an error, the form gets printed back with
all the previous values populating the right fields....fairly standard.  The
problem arises when i try to print back <INPUT TYPE=FILE NAME=bla
VALUE="$querystring{bla}">.  The value gets written into the HTML, yet the
input field in the browser is blank and a weird null file gets uploaded upon
correct submission.  Basically, how do I re-populate that field everytime
with the information that will produce the right file upon upload. - Aaron

TIMTOWTDI