karic at lclark.edu
Fri Jun 15 11:29:49 CDT 2001
I'm not usually one for sending out unsolicited references - but I've
got a young programmer here that would really be a find for someone.
Aaron Kilbey is a recent graduate in computer science here at Lewis &
Clark College. For the last two years, he's been working for me as a
student employee - basically doing backend programming for interactive
features on our site. Not only does Aaron really know his Perl, he's
also been very creative about user interface, communications strategies,
and database architecture. He's got good presentation skills to boot --
you'd be comfortable sending him in front of a client or customer.
Lots of his work here at L&C is in the realm of password-protected sites
for specific audiences - but I'd be happy to provide access to anyone
See his resume below. Feel free to email me with questions or for more
Creative Director for New Media
Lewis & Clark College
Portland, Oregon USA
471 Country Club Court
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
kilbey at lclark.edu
WEB DEVELOPMENT/PROGRAMMING SKILLS
· 4+ years of Perl programming experience for CGI applications
that provide HTML editor functionalities, website statistics
analysis, and interactive information collection.
and DHTML to enhance designs produced with Adobe Photoshop and
· 4+ years of C programming experience for basic database
principle implementation and graphics generation.
· Familiar with MPI, JAVA, Visual Basic, PostScript, Scheme.
· PC Hardware installation and troubleshooting including NIC's
and Novell software, IBM AS/400 Client Access interfaces, and
Lotus Notes software.
· Diverse knowledge and navigational ability in Windows
95/98/00/Me, Unix/Linux, Dos, and Macintosh operating systems.
Web Developer: 1/99 - present
Lewis & Clark College - Office of Publications & New Media
· Served as lead programmer for Trillium a web-based, web
development application (built in PERL) for faculty and staff.
Using Trillium, faculty and staff were able to develop web
pages with zero prior technical knowledge, entirely in a
· Helped boost yield in admitted students by providing a
personalized, customized website for students, including student
profiles, visitation information, and interactive message boards.
· Built interactive events calendaring system for campus-wide use.
Enabled entire campus to submit events to online calendar (with
online approval/editing function for approved users).
· Developed interactive alumni notes message board system
promoting correspondence and contributions.
Web Developer: 1/98 - present
Lewis & Clark College - Office of the Dean
· Developed 1999, 2000, and 2001 Summer Session websites providing
course information and catalog request capabilities to increase
Support Associate: 5/99 8/99
Castle Medical Center - Facility Services
· Created Access 97 database for all departmental records to track
inventory and equipment.
Support Associate: 6/98-9/98
Castle Medical Center - Information Systems
· Provided support with network and application troubleshooting.
· B.S. in Computer Science & Mathematics at Lewis & Clark College
Portland, Oregon, 5/01.
· Honors Graduate from the Kamehameha Schools - Honolulu, Hawaii.
More information about the Pdx-pm-list