OSU CS 372 ---> Hunting for cisco routers

John Sechrest sechrest at peak.org
Wed Dec 26 19:53:51 CST 2001

	Hello everyone,

	Please excuse me for stepping in and making a request.

	I am teaching OSU CS 372 next term. It is an introduction to
	networking class.

	In my normal way, I am trying to make this class more hands on.
	But again, in the normal way, I don't have much of a budget to work
	with.

	I would like to get my students up to the elbows in cisco IOS.
	At least to the point that they have to hook a cisco router up
	and write a config file.

	I am hoping that some of you know of people nearby who have a
	closet full of old cisco routers. Is there any chance any
	of you know about anyone who has a spare router? If you know
	of one, I would be glad to put it to use in my class next
	term.

	Classes start on 1/9/2002. If you know of a router that I could
	use, please let me know as soon as you can.

	If you don't know anything about any of this... Then I am sorry
	to have disturbed your email.

	Thank you for any help you can provide with this effort.

	As an aside, I am writing up the final course assignments and
	course schedule this week. If you think there is something
	specific that OSU CS students should know about networking,
	now is the time to tell me. And I will see if I can get
	it into the material.

-----
CEO  PEAK -             .           computers and the Internet
Public Electronic         .            more effectively
Access to Knowledge,Inc      .
1600 SW Western ,suite 180      .            Internet: sechrest at peak.org
Corvallis Oregon 97333               .                  (541) 754-7325
                                            . http://www.peak.org/~sechrest

TIMTOWTDI