Kari Chisholm karic at
Tue Aug 14 19:21:39 CDT 2001

Howdy all--

This may be a moron question, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've got two CGI's

that really live on my server here

I want each of them to read in subroutines and settings from a single place

So, in each of those two cgi's I've got this line

	require ("/www/karic/mystuff/global.cgi");

I can't find any documentation that says I can crawl around my file server like
this using require, but nothing that says I can't either.

Nonetheless, I'm getting a server error.  Is this a problem with my perl, or
with my server?

Any thoughts?

p.s. I couldn't get it to work with DO or USE either, though I know much less
about those.