Life! A beautiful thing.

Rob Bloodgood robb at empire2.com
Tue Oct 31 13:14:20 CST 2000

Masque> Let's decide on a day of the week to meet on, then let's find
Masque> ourselves a speaker.  Once that's done, we need to set a date.
Masque> Personally, I would like us to -avoid- another social meeting
Masque> until we have had a technical meeting - or, better yet, merge
Masque> them as was suggested earlier.

I disagree.  Have social meetings all the time.  Technical meetings
are secondary anyway.  Follow the Perl Monger Path.

===================

Now, you see, I've been waiting for the right message to start my reply
with:

Will somebody tell me where a social meeting of 100% geeks DOESN'T turn
technical?
I mean, is it the ratio of alcohol to bodies that determines it, or what?
The PM meeting I made it too, at Who-song & Larry's, was a collection of
geeks having individual conversations about their technical issues... in
fact Randal shared a couple of very interesting tech anectdotes w/ me about
(IIRC) a Web server throttling technique, and the history of chat2.pl.

Is there a difference here (between social and technical) other than an
agenda, tying all the geeks to the same topic?? :-)

My $.02.

L8r,
Rob

TIMTOWTDI