[PBP-pm] Reviewing PBP recommended modules?

Alfie John alfiejohn at flamebait.org
Thu Nov 24 14:55:00 PST 2005

On 24/11/2005, at 9:37 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> On Tue Nov 22 11:39:41 PST 2005, C. Garrett Goebel wrote:

>>> Most emphatically: by some other way than namespace.
>>
>> What other way?
>
> How about bundles? There could be a separate Bundle::PBP::category for
> each category that we care to recommend modules in. Since bundles are
> essentially just documentation, there's plenty of scope for including
> explanations, comparisons, non-recommendations, etc.

Usually when I go to CPAN, I am there to get a module and use it. I
have no intention of pulling it apart. I think that having a PBP
namespace for the sake of having a namespace is kind of silly. Just
because it follows a BP doesn't mean it works!

Maybe what is needed is a new option in 'make dist' when building
distributions to show that it follows *a* PBP?

Alfie