[PBP-pm] Reviewing PBP recommended modules?

Karen J. Cravens silver at phoenyx.net
Tue Nov 22 09:51:20 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, C. Garrett Goebel wrote:

CGG>CPAN being what it is... how do you suggest someone find modules which
CGG>bill themselves as PBP conformant?

Most emphatically:  by some other way than namespace.  I really, really,
really don't want to have modules leaping out from under my code merely
because they became PBP conformant.

CGG>With PBP::, when I head over to http://search.cpan.org, type in Getopt,
CGG>and am faced with 30+ modules, I'd at least be able to quickly focus in on
CGG>the ones in the ^PBP:: namespace.

If CPAN-as-is can't find them with its search, then I think the answer is
to change (or overlay) CPAN, rather than change all the Perl code in the
world that uses any given module.

(Did I mention that I don't like it when module names change?)

Karen J. Cravens  silver at phoenyx.net