[PBP-pm] Working with dates

Jerry Wilcox jerry.wilcox at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:07:19 PST 2005

> I'd like some feedback on best practices for working with dates in
> perl.  Here's what I came up with:

[snip]
> Use CPAN's Date::Calc to do any math or comparisons of dates. See
> Date::Calc's recipes

I like to use only ISO date representations and I almost exclusively
use Sullivan Beck's excellent Date::Manip routines for manipulating,
converting, and calculating dates. There are faster routines around
which might be worth looking into if I were doing millions of such
calculations, but I seldom encounter situations where those are
required. Date::Manip also supports Holiday and Event descriptions,
which I use extensively along with calculations of business days.

--
Jerry Wilcox (jerry.wilcox at gmail.com)
After silence, that which comes nearest to