OxPM: Apache::DBI with multiple users?

Dave Page grimoire at sparky.ox.compsoc.net
Wed Mar 3 10:21:35 CST 2004

I heard recently on IRC [1] that a longstanding bug in Apache::DBI has
been fixed. Specifically, the bug refers to connecting to the same
database with different usernames - the module (used to) caches
connections based on the database host name and database name, so you
could be passed a cached handle for another user's connection.

I've not been able to find anything in the Apache::DBI documentation to
indicate that this has been fixed. However, it would be really useful to
me if it had. Can anybody here confirm or deny this rumour?

Dave

[1] #perl on irc.freenode.net
--
Dave Page <grimoire at sparky.ox.compsoc.net>