OxPM: Handling errors from DBI

James Davis jamesd at jml.net
Fri Oct 17 07:54:29 CDT 2003

I'm not exactly an expert in Perl and have found difficulty in getting a
concise answer to my questions from Google. I've written a perl script
that uses DBI to insert data into a MySQL table. However, the script will
evoke all sorts of nastyness should MySQL be unavailble, or become
unavailable during the execution of the script. I don't want to loose my
data! :-)

What's the best way to catch these errors so that I can recover sanely and
spool the data for insertion into the table at a later time when MySQL is
available again?

Ta,

James