OxPM: Adding Perl Modules to my Web Site

Kate L Pugh kake at earth.li
Tue Feb 18 04:20:20 CST 2003

On Tue 18 Feb 2003, Brian Smart <brian.smart at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Where would you normally place perl modules?

I keep privately-installed things in /home/kake/local/ so I have for example:

kake at the:~$ ls /home/kake/local/share/perl/5.6.1/
Array/   Class/  HTTP/  LWP.pm  Regexp/  Test/  Tree/  auto/
Bundle/  File/   Hook/  Local/  Search/  Text/  URI/   lwpcook.pod
CGI/     HTML/   LWP/   Net/    Sub/     Tie/   WWW/

But this is just personal choice.  What do other people on this list use?

I would generally only keep actual CGI programs (and maybe their data
files, depending on server setup) in the cgi-bin directory.

Kake