OxPM: Future meetings

Kate L Pugh kake at earth.li
Fri Jan 25 03:47:49 CST 2002

Hello.  Pete told me to make some mail happen, so here some is.

I would have liked to come to the meeting yesterday, but unfortunately
it clashed with the London.pm tech meet.  I wonder if it might be
better to try and avoid Thursdays, since the London.pm ones are almost
always on Thursdays (we did put one on a Friday in January, but that
was rather a special case due to being so close to New Year).
London.pm people would like to come to Oxford events, and I have
certainly seen Oxford people at London.pm events.

But then I'm not sure which days would be good instead.  Thursdays are
practically the weekend so are good days for social meets.  Fridays
and Saturdays are probably out because some people appear to have
social lives.  Sundays the pubs shut early (and tubes stop early,
which is a consideration for London people) though it might be an OK
day for tech talks (as long as you were careful not to clash with
oxlug).  Wednesdays?

Please feel free to tell me to shut up and finally get over having
moved away from Oxford :)

Kake