OxPM: YAPC::Europe

Kevin.ADM-Gibbs at Alcan.Com Kevin.ADM-Gibbs at Alcan.Com
Mon Jul 3 05:08:38 CDT 2000

Pete,

I'd almost forgotten that this list existed.  Its good to know that there are
some other people in the area using Perl.

YAPC sounds good.  I'll probably go if the dates fit in with other things going
on in September.

I don't have any impressive modules but if anyone is interested in any scripts
I have I'm happy to pass them on.  I'm Win32 based and most of my stuff relates
to NT Admin tasks (creating accounts and private shares for them, moving shares
about, deleting accounts, listing the size of subfolders etc).

We use Lotus Notes and I've written a few scripts that use OLE  to access Notes
(Martin Brech has sent me the work he did on a Notes Module but I haven't had
time to look at this, if anyone wants to take this on I have the code).  These
scripts do things like setup location and connection documents, replicate
directory structures in Notes Databases, forward folders as individual
messages, and break up large attachments and email the pieces as seperate
messages.

A lot of the programs use Aldo Calpini's Win32::GUI interface
(http://win32gui.perl.cmproductions.net/ has the list for this and links to
downloads).

Being Banbury based (and busy on Thursdays) I won't be able to make the 13th.

Kev.