Some thoughts about Perl Mongers

Moray McConnachie moray.mcconnachie at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Oct 21 06:57:20 CDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Sergeant <sargie at hotmail.com>
To: <oxford-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 1:00 PM
Subject: Some thoughts about Perl Mongers

> Dear Oxford PM,
>
> Seeming as the last message did go through, here are some thoughts,
which
> I'd appreciate comments on:
>
> => We should meet once a month, possible the 3rd or 4th Sunday of
each
> month, at a pub? Any suggestions for pubs would be helpful, as would
> appropriate times for these meetings.

Personally, living miles outside the city, I'd prefer a weekday
lunchtime or evening, or something like that.

> => The website should contain something interesting. So far I'm
rather short
> on ideas in this department, so please offer some. I thought prehaps
we
> could host an UK based obfuscated Perl competition of something of
that
> genre?

What about a competition for the most *interesting* short piece of
code or trick submitted by a member in that month? Obfuscated Perl is
not always very interesting. They could be entered with a note
describing what they do, and how they might be useful.

Yours,
Moray McConnachie