[Ottawa-pm] Anyone feel like living in Amsterdam?

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 21 18:51:54 PDT 2013

	Fyi: Booking.com[1] is hiring something fierce. They poked me as the
Ottawa.pm master herder as told me to relay the following:

<begin snippet>

Booking.com is the #1 online hotel reservations company in the world and
we are part of the Priceline Group[2]. Due to the rapid growth of our
online business we are now recruiting for 25 Perl Developers to join our
office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Please spread the word among your group members and feel free to contact
me in case of any upcoming local Perl events and how we might be able to
sponsor you.

Here is some info you can share with your network about Booking and why
we use Perl:

Perl is used for almost everything with a MySQL backend and Git for
development. We get our changes out really fast; it's rare for your code
not to be on our live systems within hours of you pushing it. As a data
driven company we have a clear goal – helping our customers.  Everything
we do is aimed at solving problems for our customers, if it doesn't help
our customers we're not interested in doing it.

We offer a competitive salary, bonus and relocation package including
the opportunity to receive the 30% ruling[3]. Amsterdam is a vibrant and
thriving city offering a multi-cultural environment. You can read a bit
more how Expats rate Amsterdam in terms of lifestyle:
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/10/amsterdams_internationl_reside.php

For more information, check out the job description: Perl Developer[4].
We also hack cool stuff. Take a look:  http://blog.booking.com

</end snippet>

[1] http://youtu.be/LusjsQGkKWA
[2] http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/09/11/priceline-jeffery-boyd/