[Ottawa-pm] Graphing modules

Yanick Champoux champoux at pythian.com
Thu Mar 15 06:59:46 PDT 2012

Hi all,

     First, thanks to everybody who showed up yesterday, and for Marc
for his Historiki presentation. The resulting discussion was a fun one.

     Now, a few follow ups:

     * Banana history *is* fascinating.  Just read how Gros Michel rose
and fell, and how the world would collapse if a virus was to wipe out
the current Cavendish variety -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gros_Michel_banana  :-)

     * On a more technical note, the module I was mentioning for
graphing is Graph::Clicker
(https://metacpan.org/module/Chart::Clicker).  There are also GD::Graph
(https://metacpan.org/module/GD::Graph), SVG::TT::Graph
(https://metacpan.org/module/SVG::TT::Graph) and quite a few others.
One of these days, I should do a show and compare between them all.

     * As for Javascript solutions, I'm currently using dygraphs
(http://dygraphs.com/), but there is also highcharts
(http://www.highcharts.com/) I want to play with at some time... mostly
because of the purtiness.

Joy,
`/anick

--
Yanick Champoux, Senior Perl Developer
The Pythian Group - love your data

Pythian proud winner of Oracle North America Titan Award for Exadata
Solution...watch the video on pythian.com