[Ottawa-pm] January meeting?

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 17 17:57:42 PST 2012

On 12-01-17 12:41 PM, Mark Mielke wrote:
> In terms of expectations for the future, however, I expect:
>
> 1) Perl will return to the background from whence it came (to some
> degree this is already true). Silently used for important purposes that
> nobody is aware of.
> 2) It will enjoy a long life in obscurity. People will always prefer to
> use it for the purposes it has always performed well at. Data processing
> is possibly #1 here.

	Phew. For a second, there, I thought you were thinking that Perl had a
bleak future... Now I'm relieved.

	And to stay in that theme of wonders that the future holds, I confirmed
with She Who Holds Keys (and everything else) that we can have the room
on the 26th. So we're all systems go for the meeting. Weeee!

Joy,
`/anick