[Ottawa-pm] meetings...

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Sat May 7 08:47:11 PDT 2011

On 11-05-06 11:27 PM, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
>> Tuesday May 17th

	Argh! Tuesdays are no-gos for me at the moment. For me, Thursdays are
the best, and any other week day in May should be okay, except for next
Wednesday (11th), when I'm suppose to give a presentation to my Pythian
brethens (about Perl, natch).

>> >  Let's have votes for location!
>> >  West, Really West, Central or East?

	I live Really West, but would be agreeable to Central out of kindness. :-)

> I'd be a central vote, but I may have difficulty attending since my
> sweetie is leaving for 6 weeks in Africa on the 13th, so I'll need to
> find a sitter...
>
> ...or, I could offer to host it at my place since it looks like
> attendance isn't likely to overrun my space, saving me the trouble of
> finding a sitter!  If it isn't too cold, we could sit on the balcony
> facing the Rideau River...

	That sounds potentially awesome.

> Where did you normally meet?  Pub?  Community centre?  Uni/College?
> Code Factory?

	For social gatherings: pubs. In the last few years, they varied from
Pub Italia on Preston to D'arcy McGee in Bells Corners (a stone throw
from my place).  For meetings with presentations, Pythian -- which is
now based at the St-Laurent shopping center -- has been extremely kind
and generous in their lending of their rooms.

	And talking of technical presentation, I'll probably organize a Dancer
primer for the beginning of June. That should be amusing. :-)

Joy,
`/anick