[Ottawa-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] YAPC::Europe 2011 in a month

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 19 19:21:50 PDT 2011

	Aaaaand there is also YAPC::Europe:

It is only one month left before YAPC::Europe 2011 "Modern Perl"! The
conference is on 15-17 August in Riga, Latvia.

Yesterday we reached another record of 200 committed attendees. We
know that Perl community is much bigger and would like to see
everybody in Riga. We've got huge venue which can host all the active
subscribers of @pm.org European lists together in one room. People
from 40 countries and 60 monger groups are going to attend the
conference: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/stats/.

Our schedule is enormous and dense. Three days of four or five talk
tracks. Three hours of lightning talks. Track for beginners. Larry
Wall Monday morning, Damian Conway Tuesday morning, Jesse Vincent
Wednesday morning. Talks about Perl 5, 6, 5.14 and even 5.16. Talks on
web frameworks, DBIx et. al., NoSQL and clouds, and much much more:

Monday: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/schedule/?day=2011-08-15
Tuesday: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/schedule/?day=2011-08-16
Wednesday: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/schedule/?day=2011-08-17

Not to mention the pre-conference meeting in the centre of city and
the attendees dinner in famous Riga's place.

Three easy steps to become a committed attendee:
1) Register: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/register
2) Join the conference: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/register
3) Buy a ticket: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/purchase (note that you
can save 80% by attending Wednesday only!)

What else you can do:

* Submit a talk or a lightning one: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/newtalk
* Become a speaker at the Beginner track:
http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/talk/3242
* Become (or bring) a sponsor:
http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/sponsorship/index.html
* Attend teaching classes: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/talks#151
* Attend the Perl 6 hackathon: http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/talk/3388
* Simply attend the conference and socialize.

Hope to see you in Riga this August!

Conference website: http://yapceurope.lv
Twitter channel: http://twitter.com/yapcrussia
Official hashtag: #ye2011