[Ottawa-pm] Intermediate-level Perl training in Ottawa?

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 8 04:59:07 PST 2011

On 11-02-08 06:47 AM, Dave O'Neill wrote:
> Yeah, the problem is finding the "serious" Perl training. For her, it
> has to be something taught in a classroom ("corporate training", at
> $3k/week) to qualify on her learning plan (gov't employee...)

	$3k...? Heck, for that amount, I can provide a class room, wear a tie,
and hire a backing choir to make it more professional. ;-)

	Seriously, though, for that kind of money, she could look into
Stonehedge's offering, or consider going to YAPC or another Perl conference.

> I'm always interested in trying to resurrect the .pm meetings... the
> problem is that my interest is greater than my available free time :)

	Yeah, there's always that prickly issue called "time". :-)  But we'll
see if anybody else chirp up on the list. Who knows, maybe we *will*
reach the critical mass to have a meeting.  If you would have time to
assist, is there any special topic that especially pique your interest?

>> PS: to have an idea of the things I can potentially yack about,
>> http://babyl.dyndns.org/techblog give a pretty good idea of what I've
>> been at for the last coupla months.
>
> Yep... got that in my feedreader. Good stuff!

	Thanks. :-)  And not yet turned in a blog entry are my adventures with
Test::Routine (it's like Test::Class, but Mooseified), and my latest mad
experiences with Rsync and Git duct-taped together to provide fast
remote du functionality. That's fun stuff. :-)

Joy,
`/anick