[Ottawa-pm] Intermediate-level Perl training in Ottawa?

Dave O'Neill dmo at acm.org
Tue Feb 8 03:47:02 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 11:31:56PM -0500, Yanick Champoux wrote:
> 	I don't know of any serious Perl training around but, for what it's
> worth, I'm going to do a "Perl for sysadmin" presentation for the Ottawa
> Sysadmin Guild in April. I'll broadcast the date when I'll have it. For
> that specific presentation, I'll keep the Perl content soft-core, but
> I'm pretty sure there will nonetheless be a little something for
> everybody. :-)

Yeah, the problem is finding the "serious" Perl training.  For her, it
has to be something taught in a classroom ("corporate training", at
$3k/week) to qualify on her learning plan (gov't employee...) so the
fact that she could easily learn from other sources is moot.

> Also, I still have my old Moose presentation somewhere. I have fingers
> in the Catalyst and Dancer scenes as well, and am knee-deep in the
> MetaCPAN skunk work. If there's a demand, we could resurrect the .pm
> meetings for a couple of tech presentations.

I'm always interested in trying to resurrect the .pm meetings... the
problem is that my interest is greater than my available free time :)

> PS: to have an idea of the things I can potentially yack about,
> http://babyl.dyndns.org/techblog give a pretty good idea of what I've
> been at for the last coupla months.

Yep... got that in my feedreader.  Good stuff!

Cheers,
Dave