[Ottawa-pm] Intermediate-level Perl training in Ottawa?

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 7 20:31:56 PST 2011

Hey Dave!

On 11-02-07 07:38 PM, Dave O'Neill wrote:
> I've got a friend with good sysadmin/hacker Perl skills (read: enough of
> an understanding of core Perl + CPAN modules to bang out quick scripts)
> who wants to improve her Perl development skills. Things like testing
> frameworks, OO Perl, writing and releasing modules, etc.
>
> Any suggestions as to where she could find this in Ottawa, or possibly
> nearby (Toronto / Montreal)? I took a quick look around, and the Perl
> training I've found seems to be of the zero-to-CGI-in-7-days variety,
> which is a bit below what she's looking for.

	I don't know of any serious Perl training around but, for what it's
worth, I'm going to do a "Perl for sysadmin" presentation for the Ottawa
Sysadmin Guild in April. I'll broadcast the date when I'll have it. For
that specific presentation, I'll keep the Perl content soft-core, but
I'm pretty sure there will nonetheless be a little something for
everybody. :-)

	Also, I still have my old Moose presentation somewhere. I have fingers
in the Catalyst and Dancer scenes as well, and am knee-deep in the
MetaCPAN skunk work. If there's a demand, we could resurrect the .pm
meetings for a couple of tech presentations.

Joy,
`/anick

PS: to have an idea of the things I can potentially yack about,
http://babyl.dyndns.org/techblog give a pretty good idea of what I've
been at for the last coupla months.