[Ottawa-pm] virtualenv equivalent

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 24 10:03:02 PST 2011

On 11-12-23 09:44 PM, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> I want a tool that allows me to essentially set up a new shell with a new
> environment without any modification of my code. virtualenv permits a custom
> interpreter with custom modules, and I'm hoping that I can find something
> similar.

	From what I hear, perlbrew is pretty much what you want. It builds and
manages for you many perls. So you can have as many version of perl, and
as many different environment, as your heart wishes, and all you need to
switch from one to the other is 'perlbrew switch dev-5.14.0' and, hop,
magic happens.

> Anyway, some cool stuff in Mojolicious::Lite. I just shipped a website in one
> file. Not necessarily a good thing for large projects, but for small ones it's
> kinda cool. Even base64-encoded images inline.

	Sweet. Mojolicious is the big framework I haven't played with, yet.
Nowaday I'm more having fun with Dancer and Catalyst. But... we should
compare notes, one of these days. :-)

Joy (and merry Xmas),
`/anick