[Ottawa-pm] Lacuna Expanse: A massively multiplayer online strategy game built with perl

Clayton Scott clayton.scott at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 12:19:44 PST 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Yanick Champoux <yanick at babyl.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On 10/06/2010 01:39 PM, Clayton Scott wrote:
>>
>> The game play is free and it's fun, I started playing on the weekend.
>
>        Argh! I soooo don't need an additional time-black hole.
>
>        But I must say, the game is very shiny.
>
>        Oh, and I'm the Yenzian Alliance, if you can find me. :-)

I haven't found you yet :)

The Game has turned out to be very cool. There is an API for
automating away a whole bunch the
drudgery letting you concentrate on the strategy which is pretty
appealing in one of the games.

Of course a bunch of tools have been written in perl and are open
source, you can grab them here:

Also if anyone else wante to join the Lacuna Expanse use the following
link and you'll get a home
world relatively close to mine. I promise to be nice:

https://us1.lacunaexpanse.com/#referral=86744710-a984-3540-a1c8-4b462c5d3982

>        Sounds like a cross between Texans and the Tusken (sp?) Raiders from
> Star Wars.  Not a very good sign for a peaceful civilization to trade with.
> :-)

Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

:)

Clayton

--

Clayton Scott