[Ottawa-pm] Is there any life in Ottawa perl mongers?

Tim Bunce Tim.Bunce at pobox.com
Wed May 19 13:07:37 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:32:55PM -0400, Yanick Champoux wrote:
> On May 18, 2010 12:08:03 pm Tim Bunce wrote:
> > >        I, for one, would love a meetup.  Is your hotel located near the
> > > U. of
> > > Ottawa? If so, there's plenty of restaurants located near by that we can
> > > use
> > > as a base of operation.
> >
> > I'm staying in the University of Ottawa campus residence.
>
> Excellent. It's smack in the middle of everything. Now, granted, this is
> Ottawa, so "everything" doesn't mean a lot of things, but still... ;-)

:-)

Well I'm here now, finally, and delighted by the friendly natives and
great weather.

> > >        Also, is there one evening that fits your schedule better than the
> > > others, or is it pretty much looking the same?
> >
> > Tonight I'll probably be at the Royal Oak Pub for a while to register (
> > http://www.pgcon.org/2010/schedule/events/266.en.html ) before getting an
> > early'ish night to counter the jet lag.
> >
> > Beyond that I've no evening plans at all at the moment.
>
> 	Me, I'm taken Thursday night, and I have the oncall shackles for the week-
> end.  We can try for tomorrow night, or Friday night.  You probably want to
> keep your Friday night to mingle with the conference peeps. So... tomorrow
> (that is, Wednesday) night?

Which is now tonight.

> 	As for where, there is always the Darcy McGee[1]  right beside where you are.
> But then, going to an Irish pub might be bringing owls to Athen,. :-)
>
> 	There's a slew of other restaurants dwelling in the market. Sushi, Indian,
> Viet-Namese, Tex-Mex, you name it, it's there.  Any preference in the lot?

They all sound good. I've no strong preference (though I've not had
Viet-Namese in years so that might be fun).

Here's my plan for this evening: I'll head out about 16:30 to the Royal
Oak to register and have a well earned (post-traumatic flight) pint or two.

If anyone from Ottawa.pm comes along that would be great! We can sort out
food and pub crawling then. (If I don't make contact with anyone from
Ottawa.pm by say 8pm I'll consider myself open for other arrangements.)

You can contact me by mentioning @timbunce on twitter or replying to
this thread. I'll check my emails from time to time.

Tim.