[Ottawa-pm] Is there any life in Ottawa perl mongers?

Yanick Champoux champoux at pythian.com
Tue May 18 09:32:55 PDT 2010

On May 18, 2010 12:08:03 pm Tim Bunce wrote:
> >        I, for one, would love a meetup.  Is your hotel located near the
> > U. of
> > Ottawa? If so, there's plenty of restaurants located near by that we can
> > use
> > as a base of operation.
>
> I'm staying in the University of Ottawa campus residence.

Excellent. It's smack in the middle of everything. Now, granted, this is
Ottawa, so "everything" doesn't mean a lot of things, but still... ;-)

> >        Also, is there one evening that fits your schedule better than the
> > others, or is it pretty much looking the same?
>
> Tonight I'll probably be at the Royal Oak Pub for a while to register (
> http://www.pgcon.org/2010/schedule/events/266.en.html ) before getting an
> early'ish night to counter the jet lag.
>
> Beyond that I've no evening plans at all at the moment.

	Me, I'm taken Thursday night, and I have the oncall shackles for the week-
end.  We can try for tomorrow night, or Friday night.  You probably want to
keep your Friday night to mingle with the conference peeps. So... tomorrow
(that is, Wednesday) night?

	As for where, there is always the Darcy McGee[1]  right beside where you are.
But then, going to an Irish pub might be bringing owls to Athen,. :-)

	There's a slew of other restaurants dwelling in the market. Sushi, Indian,
Viet-Namese, Tex-Mex, you name it, it's there.  Any preference in the lot?

> I fly out on Sunday so I'm free all day Saturday. I only have vague plans
> to do some sightseeing, perhaps via
> http://www.pgcon.org/2010/schedule/events/272.en.html during the day.

	Another sight-seeing activity I recommend is the haunted walk
(http://www.hauntedwalk.com/).  They sell the tickies on the corner of Sparks
street and Elgin.  In 90 minutes, they walk you through around downtown , so
you get to see a little bit of the old, nice architectures, and you get to
hear a wee bit of the local history.  And it's nice, cheesy amusing fun too.
:-)

Cheers,
`/anick

[1]
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=44+Sparks+Street,
+Ottawa&sll=45.565326,-75.229805&sspn=0.007136,0.012982&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=44+Sparks+St,
+Ottawa,+Ottawa+Division,+Ontario+K1P+5A6&t=h&z=16

--
Pythian
    love your data

www.pythian.com