[Ottawa-pm] Montreal job offering

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 7 19:22:19 PDT 2010

Howdie all,

	Someone contacted me about a job offering in Montréal.  The job description
is given below.  If you are interested, let me know and I'll put you in
contact with the gentleman.

Joy,
`/anick

The Enterprise Data Group (EDG) is a global organization within our clients
Information Technology Organization. EDG has broad responsibility across
aspects of data including Financial Product, Referential Pricing, Historical,
People, Accounts, Entitlement and Legal Entity Data. EDG provides data
provision services across the firm and to our clients. The Enterprise Data
Group is engaged in the complete range of data activities such as procurement,
application development, program management, business analysis and operational
support for its full line of services.

Within this organization, there are several horizontal teams that service this
entire group. One such team is the Database Infrastructure Group, which is
responsible for the database layer that most of the applications need/use.
This position is within this group.

The position is for a senior Perl developer to help with development
activities associated with various in-flight projects. An essential
requirement for this position is to assist the team in developing and
implementing robust Perl programming standards.

The successful candidate will be:
1) Advanced level in Perl, including CGI
2) Competent in Sybase and/or DB2/Linux RDBMS
3) Clear and concise in communication skills.
4) A team player with high degree of professionalism.
5) A self-starter who is able to take initiative.
6) Results/action oriented

Required Skills:
Advanced Perl, CGI, Sybase and/or DB2/Linux, Unix/Linux OS

Desired Skills:
Wiki, Project management, Good at producing formal project documentation, XML,
HTML, Data modeling