[Ottawa-pm] Meeting anytime?

Mark Mielke mark at mark.mielke.cc
Wed Sep 2 09:07:41 PDT 2009

On 09/02/2009 11:47 AM, Roy Hooper wrote:
> Hey fellow Perl users...
>
> I've noticed a general quietness on the list of late.  To be fair, I
> only remembered ottawa.pm because of my monthly ottawa-pm at pm.org
> mailman reminder.
>
> Any thoughts on having a meeting, even if its just of the beer kind?

I'm good for a casual meet - no need for presentations unless anybody
wants to. :-)

Personally, I've been a bit off Perl. Perl 5 is not substantially
changing and Perl 6 is not clearly superior to other newer OO languages
out there. I still use Perl every day, but I look for more and more
opportunities to switch off Perl, rather than switch to Perl. But, I
still miss you guys (and few girls) and would be happy to get together
over beers... :-)

Cheers,
mark

--