[Ottawa-pm] Smalltalk / Seaside - Wednesday, 7pm @ The Code Factory

Jay Lawrence jay.lawrence at infonium.ca
Mon Sep 15 09:58:56 PDT 2008

We have James Robertson, Smalltalk Evangelist, coming to Ottawa to
introduce Seaside to us. I'm certain that there are good ideas in this
framework and the talk would be well worth any avid developer's time.

Seaside provides a layered set of abstractions over HTTP and HTML that
let you build highly interactive web applications quickly, reusably
and maintainably. IT is based on Smalltalk, a proven and robust
language that is implemented by different vendors. Seaside includes:
	- Programmatic HTML generation
	- Callback-based request handling
	- Embedded components
	- Modal session management.
Seaside also has good support for CSS and Javascript, excellent web-
based development tools anddebugging support, a rich configuration and
preferences framework, and more.

http://seaside.st/ - The framework for developing sophisticated web
applications in Smalltalk.

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/ - supplier of Smalltalk software
development tools.

http://www.thecodefactory.ca/ - TheCodeFactory is a collaborative work
space located in downtown Ottawa at 246 Queen Street, between Bank and
Kent, above the Green Papaya Restaurant. TheCodeFactory is a clubhouse
or water cooler for the Start-up community in Ottawa.

The talk will be held this Wednesday @ 7pm at The Code Factory, 246
Queent Street.