[Ottawa-pm] TravelPod looking for a Web Engineer

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Sat Sep 6 14:38:27 PDT 2008

Howdie all,

	A little bird told me that TravelPod is looking for a new
web engineer.  The job offer is reproduced below (and is also
posted at http://jobs.perl.org/job/9550).  If you want the email
address of the aforementioned recruiting little bird, ping me.

=begin Job Offer

TravelPod ( A TripAdvisor/Expedia company ) is looking for a talented
Web Engineer with LAMP (Perl) experience eager to work on fast growing
and exciting travel websites.

As a Web Engineer, your main responsibility will be developing consumer
travel web apps like TravelPod.com. Ideally, you’ve run your own website
/ business as a passion on the side or full time for years and enjoy
working in many areas of technology and being challenged by the fast
paced changes of the Web.

You'll also be responsible for working with a team to carry out the
maintenance of the software to ensure that our sites are always
available to our large community of travelers.

We are looking for entrepreneurial developers who have shown leadership,
creativity and enjoy big challenges participating with the creation of
new web applications from concept to deployment in a fast-moving company
environment.

You will be working with a small but passionate team at TravelPod &
TripAdvisor. TravelPod is a fun and exciting place to work at and we’re
looking for someone to share their energy with us!

In this role you can look forward to…

*      Taking a leadership role in the design and the development of
various consumer travel Web projects for TravelPod.com and related web
sites.

*      Promoting best practices and ensuring a standard of code.

*      Optimizing the code for performance and stability.

*      Working with the team to support TravelPod web applications.

*      Participating in quality assurance testing.

What you can bring to the team…

*      A minimum of 5 years of experience with web development.

*      A minimum of 3 years working with Perl.

*      A minimum of 5 years experience with Linux, Apache and MySql (LAMP).

*      Experience developing on Facebook and other social networks is a
plus.

*      UI Design experience is a definite plus.

*      Good knowledge of web related programming and web security.

*      Experience working on large, high traffic sites will be
considered assets.

*      Experience working with Ajax and other leading edge web
technologies is a plus.

*      A passion for writing quality code.

*      An ability to work well in a fast moving and highly collaborative
team environment.

=end Job Offer

Joy,
`/anick