[Oslo.pm] NPW 2014 status?

Poul Henning Sørensen poul.henning.sorensen at basefarm.com
Tir 1. Jul 2014 15:05:19 PDT

Hi again Panu

On 2014.06.26, at 15:20, Panu Ervamaa <panu.ervamaa at frantic.com<mailto:panu.ervamaa at frantic.com>> wrote:
I'm very sorry for not responding earlier – I'll be on vacation and
travelling, mostly offline, until July 17th.

You shouldn't be sorry for being on vacation - that sounds nice... ;-)

Hope that all is well. How are the progress for the NPW 2014? Do you have any date[2] yet?

Personally I'm well, thanks for asking. For the NPW 2014 arrangements
… not so well.

I've had great difficulties to get any community activity going on
here, but for what it's worth and what I'm still quite certain about,
I can arrange a sponsored venue for some weekend after the YAPC::EU.
For example, http://www.suomenlinna.fi/kokous-ja-juhlatilat/kokoustilat/paarlastihuone-max-54/.

That looks very nice!

Unfortunately, I'm not able to make arrangements (ie. commit the
definite days) before mid/late july. That maybe too late (for
attendees and speakers to prepare), unless we schedule the event for
september/october.. or even later?

In other words, I'm still committed to make it happen, but it's
getting late for sure, and I'm still missing some "social" resources.
If there's another pm group that would be willing to host the NPW
sooner, please let me know..

What do you think?

Well, it is a NORDIC perl workshop, so I guess most of us are used to some cold and wet weather...

So even if it is late, I suggest that you carry on. Anyway I assume that it is too late for anyone to make it happen much earlier.

I cross-post to Oslo.pm and Cph.pm, just to let them know the status (and who knows, they may have feed-back).

Have a nice vacation!

Best regards

poul
perl monger

--

POUL H. SØRENSEN
Senior Systems Consultant

BASEFARM | Nydalen Allé 37a | 0484 Oslo | Norway
Phone: +47 4000 4100 | Mobile: +47 9117 7237
poul.henning.sorensen at basefarm.com<mailto:firstname.lastname at basefarm.com> | www.basefarm.com <http://www.basefarm.com/>

Blog <http://blog.basefarm.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/basefarm> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/basefarm> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/basefarm-as>

technical excellence - caring for your business