[Oslo.pm] Mojoconf 2014, Oslo, May 24th

Salve J Nilsen sjn at pvv.org
Tor 15. Mai 2014 03:43:35 PDT

Mojoconf 2014 - May 23rd - 25th, Oslo, Norway

We would like to invite you to the world's first Mojolicious conference.
Mojoconf 2014 is a conference about Mojolicious, Perl and the web.

The Modern Perl renaissance, Perl's flexibility and it's thriving CPAN module
ecosystem shows that Perl is a language perfect for the needs of developers in
2014.

Mojolicious is a modern framework ideal for the web. It has no external
dependencies and makes it easy to get powerful web applications up and running
in no-time.
It's made with scalability in mind, having an event loop as its core. Newer
challenges and needs for asynchronous, non-blocking and fast operations is
where Mojolicious really out-performs conventional frameworks.

At Mojoconf 2014, we've made an extra effort to gather the Mojolicious core
developers for the first time. They will be attending the entire event!

This year's Mojoconf 2014 consists of three parts, spread over three days,
23rd, 24th and 25th of May:

Day 1 - Mojolicious course day: Non-blocking services with Mojolicious (€500)
Day 2 - Conference day - talks and presentations (€20)
Day 3 - Hackathon session, open and free for all

Day 1 - Mojolicious course day: Non-blocking services with Mojolicious
Glen 'tempire' Hinkle, one of the Mojolicious core developers will be holding a
full-day course about non-blocking services with Mojolicious.

The course will introduce and prepare the student to implement, troubleshoot,
and debug non-blocking clients and web-services quickly and succinctly, giving
apps unprecedented scalability, handling 100s and even 1000s of effectively
simultaneous actions per process.

http://www.mojoconf.org/mojo2014/training.html

Day 2 - Conference day - talks and presentations
The day will consist of one presentation track with varying topics, all related
to Mojolicious, Perl or the web. 10 speakers are scheduled to give 10
presentations.
Mojolicious founder Sebastian Riedel will start the day off with a talk about
upcoming features in Mojolicious 5.0, followed by talks about moving to
Mojolicious from other frameworks, using WebSockets, code-reuse in non-blocking
applications, refactoring tools for Perl, a case study on building the web chat
application Convos, minifying assets in an easy manner, adding search
capabilities to a Mojolicious application and more.

All talks will be either 20 or 40 minutes long, with breaks in between.

We have also scheduled a 'Mystery talk' that may shed light on exciting
developments for the Mojolicious project.

In addition, we'll have the usual 'Hallway track' where everyone can meet and
talk in between the presentations. A perfect opportunity to network with core
developers and community members, and to learn more about Mojolicious, Perl and
the web.

The conference day will be rounded off with a lightning talk session, followed
by a social meetup nearby. Details will be announced.

http://www.mojoconf.org/mojo2014/schedule

Day 3 - Hackathon session
-------------------------
The last day of the conference consists of a hackathon session, where you will
be able to work with Mojolicious. The core developers are aiming to work on
Mojolicious itself. The session is aimed at advanced Mojolicious users and
there will be possibilities to interact with fellow developers, get help on
projects or just get inspired.

Tickets
-------
Buy tickets here: http://www.mojoconf.org/mojo2014/purchase
Ticket sales close on Thursday May 22nd 2014.

Venue
-----
The whole conference will be held at Y3o's co-working space centrally located
in Oslo, close to all major train, tram and bus hubs.

Youngstorget 3 (entrance in Pløens gate)
0181 Oslo
Norway

We hope we will see you there, don't miss out on a great Perl event happening
right here in Oslo!

Regards,
The Mojoconf 2014 team

Read more about the conference at http://mojoconf.org Official Hashtag: