[Oslo.pm] NPW2006 Progress Report #3

Salve J Nilsen sjn+oslo.pm at pvv.org
Man 19. Des 2005 02:38:52 PST

Hi!

It's time for the third progress report for the Nordic Perl Workshop 2006,
this time in english, since we now have an international audience on the
<nordic-workshop at perl.org> list.

This has happened since the last time (a month or so ago):

  * We have the perlworkshop.no domain! Currently it's pointing at
    perlworkshop.dk's server, and we're using the resources Copenhagen.pm
    have so graciously made available. (thanks! :)
  * The NPW2006 business cards have been a success, and we have only a
    hundred or so left. If you'd like some (to give to colleagues, friends
    or fellow students), please give notice or show up at the next Oslo.pm
    meeting in january.
  * The fellow who owns perl.no has set it up to redirect to the Oslo.pm
    homepage (thanks!). I'm sure we can do something better with it. Any
    ideas? :)
  * In november we started with monthly NPW meetings (for those of us
    who want to make this happen). 6 people showed up, we had a good
    discussion, and decided that we should get the CFP out ASAP (done) and
    that Rune should have a Call for Sponsors text ready by the January
    meeting. Next meeting will be sometime medio January.
  * We have a topic for the workshop! It's "Managing Complexity".
  * The Call for Papers announcement is finally out (a bit later than
    planned, but still thanks, Marcus). You can find it in the wiki[1] and
    from the Oslo.pm homepage[2].
  * We've just started a logo competition for Oslo.pm, in order to have
    something to put on the printed stuff we plan on giving away at
    NPW2006. If you want to give it a go, look at the announcement in the
    <oslo at pm.org> list archive[3].

That's it for now. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! :-)

Kind regards,

- Salve J. Nilsen (for Oslo.pm)

[1] http://wiki.perlworkshop.no/2006/?CallForPapers
[2] http://oslo.pm.org/

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen