[Oslo-aktive] April meetup is tomorrow

Cosimo Streppone cosimo at streppone.it
Tir 2. Apr 2013 02:24:05 PDT

Hey folks,

I had proposed a couple of ideas for tomorrow's Oslo.pm meeting.

1) Perl vs Python

My experience working on the latest project (Opera Discover,
part of the new Opera Beta on Android, try it if you fancy).

In this project, I and my team chose to use Python
despite my 10+ years experience with Perl.

I can, informally probably better, with a beer in front
probably best, talk about what's good, bad and ugly
about Python compared to Perl.

Best experienced with no or little practical knowledge of Python.

2) How we use Puppet at Opera

Nuff said. You need to know Puppet, at least the basics,
or have just started using it to really get something out of this.

1) can be done without a projector, while 2) would be
more difficult.

Time I guess 18:30.

Place?
Preferences (1/2)?