[Oslo-aktive] Perl Workshop '06 CFP utkast 1

Salve J Nilsen sjn at pvv.org
Tir 1. Nov 2005 03:51:51 PST

Hei!

Her har er et førsteutkast til en Call for Papers...

Rekker du å bruke litt tid på å forbedre den?

Jeg har behørlig rappet teksten fra Claes sin CFP for NPW i Stockholm, og
har bare gjort et fåtall endringer. Det er helt sikkert ting som kan
forbedres og evt. diskuteres. Den største endringen jeg har gjort er å
endre navn på "Panel Talks" til "Workshops" - er det en god idé?

Datoer har vi i alle fall pratet litt om, men kom vi frem til noe? Tror
det mangler noe der...

Kom med innspill! :-)

=====================8<------------------------------
Call For Papers

Attention Speakers! We are very interested in hearing about the following
topics at the 2006 Nordic Perl Workshop in Oslo, June 15th and 16th:

     * Perl Development Practices
     * Testing using Perl
     * Optimisation of Perl
     * Web application development environments with Perl
     * Perl in general, including Parrot/Pugs/Ponie/Perl 6
     * Your Favourite Topic?
       (systems administration / life science / web development)

We accept these presentation types:

     * Lightning Talks (5 minutes)
     * Standard Talks (20-60 minutes)
     * Workshops (30-90 minutes)

BOFs are expected to appear where and when necessary during the workshop,
we will try to accommodate these as well. If you want to attend the
workshop as a speaker, please send a abstract of your talk (see the
submission section below for details).

Lightning Talks

Lightning talks are brief talks that focus on a single example, idea,
project, or technique. Lightning talks do not attempt to cover all aspects
of their respective topics, but rather to present a facet of the idea
clearly and succinctly. Lightning talks are an excellent forum for
first-time speakers.

Due to the time-constraint on lightning talks, it is recommended that you
either abstain from using slides, or have your slides in HTML-format on a
floppy or on a web-site. We will provide an Internet-connected computer
attached to the display.

To submit a proposal for a lightning talk, please send your proposed title
and an abstract of up to four sentences to: <npw2006-talks at foo.no>. It is
also possible to hand in a proposal at the conference registration, but we
prefer to know of your talk in advance.

Standard Talks

A standard talk is the preferred format. This gives enough time to
introduce a topic, presenting it with some slides, and a coverage of the
main points leading up to later, hopefully more in-depth, discussions
(possibly at a BOF).

Workshops

The concept is a talk where the speaker acts more as a moderator. After
giving a shortish presentation on the topic a discussion can commence. The
speaker/moderator should invite domain experts that can help contributing.

Please note that workshops may require especially engaging and/or rich
topics that make it easy for attendees to join the conversation and share
their thoughts and experiences. In order to ensure good discussion, we
intend to evaluate submissions for Workshops thoroughly. We may ask the
speaker to expand on the topic or even ask that a standard talk is held
instead, if we are not sure the topic can sustain long periods of engaging
discussion.

The speaker/moderator should list the names of the special invitees in the
submission and is responsible for the invitations personally. We will of
course help where and if we can.

Submission

To submit a proposal for a talk/presentation, please send your proposed
title and an abstract to: <npw2006-talks at foo.no>.

Submissions are due midnight (00:01 UTC) on April 1st 2006. Submitters
will be notified within a week whether or not their talks have been
accepted. If your proposal is accepted, you will be expected to confirm
within 48 hours that you in fact will give the talk; otherwise, your slot
may be given to someone else.

Please submit abstracts/papers to <npw2006-talks at foo.no> where our program
committee will review the submission. If you have something which does not
fit the formats listed please feel free to contacts us anyway and we will
evaluate it.

Workshop organisers reserve the right to change the length assigned to a
talk, if deemed necessary. If you want to speak on multiple topics, please
submit separate proposals for each one.

Please include the following with your abstract(s):

     * A little information about yourself (and possibly an link to an
       image of your choosing - preferably of yourself).
     * An indication of preferred language and possible languages the
       presentation can be given in.
     * An indication of the length of the presentation.
     * A listing of any requirements you might have for doing your
       presentation. We will try to accommodate your request. Projectors
       will be available for all talks.

If possible, please include your slides/paper ready for online publishing,
in one of the following file formats:

     * Plain text
     * HTML
     * PDF
     * ODF

The files are also accepted just after talk ends, so we can include any
last minute modifications.

We take the liberty of filming presentations. If you are not interested in
being filmed during your presentation, please let us know in advance.

Fee (does not apply for lightning talk speakers)

We cannot offer much, but what we can offer is:

     * Free admittance
     * A chance to meet a lot of Perl people

If you have any special requests, which have to do with fee and payment
please contact us at <npw2006-talks at foo.no>.

Thank you; we hope you will participate either as a speaker or as an
attendee.

If you have any questions at all, please done hesitate to contact us
<npw2006-program at foo.no>.

Preliminary important dates

April 1st - Proposals due

April 8th  - Notification of acceptance

April 10th - Final confirmation for accepted proposals/programme
              available

May 15th -

June 10th - Closing of Registration

June 15th and 16th - The 2006 Nordic Perl Workshop

Dessuten kan vi sikkert også diskutere litt på onsdag. :)

- Salve

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen