Roll Call

Perl Monger pug at taut.oau.org
Sun Sep 3 19:40:32 CDT 2000

Robert J Van Der Ploeg wrote:

> Hi.  Did we ever find a place to host an Orlando PM site?
>
> Thanks!

Bob,

Why yes a place was found on a well established server.  I got permission
from a friend to host a simple site for free.  The 'deal' was that someone
(read anyone) else was supposed to write the content.  If you check out my
personal web pages you will find that:

1. they sux
2. they were never finished
3. see number two again

The reason I came out of the woodwork is a local found the hacked
up mess at:

   Linkname: Perl Mongers of Orlando

It seems that somehow my web pages got fed into a search engine somewhere
and were being matched as a Perl site.  That person inquired if any
activity in the area existed so now I am checking.  Sooo!

It would seem that a 'town' the size of Orlando would have more than 3
people interested in programming in Perl.  I just threw down a few seeds
would someone please water them.

regards,

// David //