Orlando Perl Mongers

charles howse chowse at mdcc.edu
Fri Mar 5 08:33:17 CST 1999

Hello Rick,
I would not call that bad news!  It seems to me you are now in charge of  two
groups: the local orlando.pm, and this new statewide email based group.  And
with 6 people in orlando, you are way ahead of miami.pm.

recruitment? whats that? I have had two local people email me, and I have
emailed them with url of web page, but neither has 'joined'.

I'm Not Thru Planning how to go about recruiting... other than putting up a web
page.. The local paper has weekly 'computers' column with mentions of new web
pages.. I will at some point ask them  to include the miami.pm.org page, to see
if that shakes loose any local users. I work at a community college, and know
of zero PERL users here (one if you count me). I also plan to contact academic
computer lab types at the other local Universities to see if they have any
interested people.

In reading some of the other pm group pages, I notice some have never had a f2f
and see no need to. Perhaps someone in FL could volunteer to organize a chat
session sometime to create a 'virtual' statewide meeting?

cch
miami
ps (why am I shown as rchcharles?)