[Omaha.pm] [OMG!Code] Dec 2 meeting

James Harr james.harr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 05:49:09 PST 2014

Thanks Dave,

Here's a few references:
- Gogs.io <http://gogs.io/> - self-hosted git that's easy to set up and
upgrade. Missing some features, has some bugs (deployment keys), but it's
easy to set up, which is why I'm using it.
- CoreOS + fleetd <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWeAJOQIjDM> - Demoes
CoreOS, Etcd, and Fleetd working together. This will look familiar, because
it's largely what I ripped my material off from.
- CoreOS updates <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeICd9XyXfY> - how they
work (like Chrome updates, but scary if you're not prepared)
- cloud-config.yaml <http://pastie.org/9758172> used to spin up the coreos
instance on digital ocean.
- ticker.X.service <http://pastie.org/9758175> used for systemd and for
fleetd.

I used digital ocean to spin up VMs and spin them down. Cost me almost
nothing to do that. I've had spotty luck with their network latency or
packet loss (not sure which), but it's cheap. If you're interested, here's
a referral code <https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=18dfc5eac7d8>. You
get $10 credit, and I get $25. So... use it if you want, or don't and go
use AWS or Linode. Doesn't matter that much to me.