[Omaha.pm] [odlug] Re: Nebraska DHHS / PHINMS

Loyall, David david.loyall at nebraska.gov
Tue Apr 2 12:16:04 PDT 2013

[...]
> Oh. Ya. So currently the program is just parsing the two files and blindly
> add_edge()'ing. If you wanted to start QAing the data I'd separate the
> parsing from the graphing.

Yes.  Especially since, going forward, I'd like to get data from other sources (my list of actually existent tables and web service endpoints).

> So: (1) Parse in hashref(s), (2) QA that data, (3) Graph the data that passed QA.

Sounds legit.

[...]
> Let me know if you wanted me to re-org to (1) parse (2) QA (3) graph. I don't
> want to spoiler you if you're already working on that.  ;)

Well, I just googled 'perl 5 hashrefs'... then 'perl 5 hashes'*.  So, this is an excellent learning opportunity for me.  On the other hand, here you are volunteering to teach by example, and I won't stop you from that.

[...]

Cheers,
--Dave

* meanwhile I found http://kevinboone.net/javaperl.html ...