[Omaha.pm] Nebraska DHHS / PHINMS

Jay Hannah jay.hannah at iinteractive.com
Tue Apr 2 10:25:30 PDT 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 12:11 PM, "Loyall, David" <david.loyall at nebraska.gov> wrote:
> https://github.com/daveloyall/sandbox/tree/master/ne.gov , recent commit: "merged action into service nodes; merged db and table nodes"
>
> Take a look at the pretty picture now.. :)

Very nice. Congrats!  :)

(I pushed the result out to http://odlug.org/tmp/map.png for anyone following along at home.)

> This meets 90% of my requirements.  The following are "nice to have", and I hope to (may or may not) add them later.
> * some node types appear in "wrong" rank (called column outside of graphviz)

Example?

> * db.table nodes should be grouped by DB

Ah. Ya, GraphViz doesn't really let you control node ordering as far as I know. So if I really wanted that I'd probably build up your networks in a nested hashref first, then loop through that hashref and run Graphviz on each terminating node, generating a separate .png. (You don't really have 1 graph here, you have 15. :)

> All in all, this is functional now; I'm gonna hit print, write DRAFT on it, and pin it to my cube wall.  Thanks so much, Jay!

Woot!  :)

All the best,

Jay Hannah
Project Lead / Programmer