[Omaha.pm] My first script

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 13:08:45 PST 2012

Thanks for the input guys.

This is for Active Directory, but the organization would have to
almost quintuple in size for the paging issue to come up, so I'm going
to leave that to some future scripter to fix.

Thanks for showing me how to simplify that LDAP filter, I will
probably simplify the actual code. The single quote/double quote
nuance is one I will have to remember, I'm not used to a programming
language that can interpret inside of any kind of quote.

Honestly Perl is a quantum leap forward from the last programming
language I made a real effort to learn, both conceptually and in
capability.  It's a bit hard to absorb everything at once.  I think I
would need some more keyboard time with it to be comfortable that I
can get it to do what I want.

Yesterday I had to sit down with a coworker and explain what the
script does and how it does it.  That was very good because it tested
my own understanding of it, and I was able to explain it so that he
understood what it was doing.

Bill