[Omaha.pm] Making a PDF with Perl...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Apr 11 14:15:57 PDT 2012

I'd like to see if anyone has ever worked with the PDF modules for Perl?
 Specifically, I'm looking to print a ruler (something like here:
http://www.vendian.org/mncharity/dir3/paper_rulers/ ), but I need to adjust
the spacing between ticks and put in my own numbers for the new marks.

Most (all?) of the examples I've found are concentrating on placing blocks
of text and a couple images on the page.  What I need is a way to precisely
place tic marks and text next to them every so often.

Any hints or code snippets?   I had hoped someone would have made a generic
ruler printing page, but haven't found that yet.

Dan

My use? I'm printing a custom timing tape for my 350 V8 - as luck would
have it, each degree is 2mm on this flywheel.  My first attempt was to
print a blank cm/mm ruler, then hand print the degree numbers.  I'd like
something a bit more professional looking - possibly have it printed onto a
brass/aluminum tape that could be affixed to the engine.

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"