[Omaha.pm] Fwd: Potential group project: The Perl Cookbook

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Oct 5 17:04:36 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 17:53, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:
> Let me know if you're interested.

I'm game, but I don't know how "up-to-date" my Perl style is...

I assume the plan would be to update them only using the Perl Core
modules in the 5.14 release.

On the other hand, I hope they don't go overboard and use highly
Perl-centric examples where a slightly more "common" syntax would
convey the solution.  I know that I use a lot of the cookbook type
manuals to help me get a grasp of the language in question - if the
examples were as foreign as Greek, it wouldn't be nearly as helpful.

Just my $0.02 worth...but I'm still in if I've got the time!

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"